Designed three different labels and packaging (only one style of packaging was required) for three different types of tea, presumably from the same company. I named my company, “Tea-ease.” I created a logo of a coy Chinese Dragon to represent my Chinese black tea. The dragon also has a bindi to represent the Indian Chai tea. There is a Japanese fan for the Japanese green tea. As I already had tea tins in my possession, it was quite natural to use those for my base and adhere labels on to the tins. I took colors in large part from the tins. I also used a wooden holder (from a whiskey barrel, but it would be quaint to tell people that it is reclaimed wood from an old tea curing plant).
Here are my initial sketches of designs for a logo and packaging for tea.
I decided on the Chinese dragon, hiding coyly behind a fan…
Below is “How to Tea: A History;” TIME™; 12/19/2015 12:10 AM
Here I’ve created a video game launch kit for the Nancy Drew,® “Shadow at the Water’s Edge,” video game. I’ve included a sudoku book with a character from the game on the cover, cherry blossom “shrinky dinks,” a magnifying glass, a watercolor notebook, paint and paint brushes along with instructions on how to paint one’s name in the Japanese, phonetic, Katakana alphabet. Finally, I’ve created a key-shaped usb, from which one would, in theory, install the Nancy Drew®, “Shadow at the Water’s Edge” game. All of this is housed in an illuminated, Japanese lantern-style, exploding box with the Nancy Drew® signature silhouette placed on the front window.
Here are images of the documents I took to the printer’s. The image of the Japanese girl and the pond, with the Nancy Drew® logo is a copy of the actual image from the video game, “Shadow at the Water’s Edge.”
Included are the sudoku book cover with my rendition of one of the characters of the video game. The image of the page of cherry blossom “shrinkydinks.” And a foldout of how to create one’s name with the Japanese, Katakana, phonetic alphabet that I will place in a pocket in a notebook for watercoloring.
My last draft of my empty book.
Here’s an image of my final cover for my empty book, “Writer’s Block.”
Here are the first digital concept drafts of my empty book.
This project encourages exploration into various printing methods such as die cutting, embossing, thermography and foil stamping. The purpose of the folder is to have a means of presenting work to prospective employers that depicts my abilities along with my personality.
As far as using additional printing methods, I would like to create stamps for my logo which I will use for Thermal Embossing. I hope to find a supplier who can create the paisley as well, which is considerably larger.
After doing a number of thumbnail images, I decided that a few paisley images along with my logo would suffice; looking professional and clean while still depicting a bit of how I see myself as a graphic artist.
I surprised myself, chosing a lilac, cream and navy color palette. Not colors I’ve had an interest in prior to this project, but I felt that they were contemporary and kept things simple. (It would be all to easy to go crazy with the Paisley Kamyleon).